As simple as using mouthwash. Ask us how.
The MyPerioPath® salivary diagnostic test identifies the type and concentration of specific perio-pathogenic bacteria that are known to cause periodontal disease. MyPerioPath® helps support the clinician with better risk assessment and personalized treatment options for more predictable outcomes.®
Who should be tested?
- Patients presenting with signs and symptoms of a periodontal infection
- Patients with pockets of 4mm or greater with clinical signs of a periodontal infection
- Patients presenting chronic periodontal disease who are not responding positively to their current treatment
- Patients with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- Patients with a history of cardiovascular disease
- Patients who use tobacco products
- Patients who will undergo surgical procedures or radiation treatment
- Can be used for establishing a “baseline” for any patient who may be at increased risk for periodontal infections
- Patients who test positive for genetic susceptibility with the MyPerioID® PST® test
- Women of childbearing age